A high-precision, movable-mirror interferometer that can be used to perform Michelson, Fabry-Perot & Twyman-Green interferometry.
See the Product Description for this item's included accessories.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
No study of interferometry should overlook the historical importance of the Michelson interferometer. Yet in the laboratory, the Fabry-Perot and Twyman-Green interferometers can be more important tools; the first for high-resolution spectroscopy, the second for testing and producing optical components with aberrations that can be measured in fractions of a wavelength.
The PASCO Interferometer is a high-precision, movable-mirror interferometer that can be used to perform Michelson, Fabry-Perot and Twyman-Green interferometry. Mirrors are attached with thumbscrews, so it’s easy to set up and change configurations.
The PASCO Interferometer can be ordered in a variety of systems. The OS-9255A Basic Interferometer can be operated in either the Michelson or Fabry-Perot modes. The Complete Interferometer Systems also contain components for the Twyman-Green mode and a vacuum pump for the refractive index of air experiment.
Note: The fitted case will hold all components and accessories except the 5 kg base, which must be stored separately.
- Stable: The massive (5 kg) base is machined from a single block of aluminum ensuring extremely stable optics.
- Smooth Mirror Movement: With the taut-band suspension system, there’s no starting or stopping friction and virtually no backlash (less than 0.5 micron).
- Precise Measurements: Mirror control is extremely fine— one micron per division of the micrometer head. The mirrors and beam-splitter are flat to 1/4 wavelength to ensure uniform interference patterns.
- Larger Optics: The 3.2 cm (1 1/4") diameter optics in the PASCO Interferometer produce larger and sharper interference patterns for better experimental results.
- Complete: The Basic Interferometer includes everything necessary to perform basic Michelson and Fabry-Perot interferometry.
- 1x Machined Base -- 5 kg
- 1x Three-Point Adjustable Mirror
- 1x Mounted Beam-Splitter
- 1x Mounted Movable Mirror
- 2x Accessory Mounts
- 1x Viewing Screen
- 1x Diffuser
- 1x Double Convex Lens (18 mm)
- 1x Compensator Lens
- 1x Fitted Case
- 1x Instruction Manual
|1x Laser Alignment Bench||OS-9172||$212|
|Requires One Of These||P/N||Price|
|Mini Laser with Bracket||OS-8514||$1,699|
|Complete Interferometer System||OS-9258B||$4,495|
|Precision Interferometer Manual||English - 648.91 KB|