A high-precision, movable-mirror interferometer that can be used to perform Michelson, Fabry-Perot & Twyman-Green interferometry.
See the Product Description for this item's included accessories.
No study of interferometry should overlook the historical importance of the Michelson interferometer. Yet in the laboratory, the Fabry-Perot and Twyman-Green interferometers can be more important tools; the first for high-resolution spectroscopy, the second for testing and producing optical components with aberrations that can be measured in fractions of a wavelength.
The PASCO Interferometer is a high-precision, movable-mirror interferometer that can be used to perform Michelson, Fabry-Perot and Twyman-Green interferometry. Mirrors are attached with thumbscrews, so it’s easy to set up and change configurations.
The PASCO Interferometer can be ordered in a variety of systems. The OS-9255A Basic Interferometer can be operated in either the Michelson or Fabry-Perot modes. The Complete Interferometer Systems also contain components for the Twyman-Green mode and a vacuum pump for the refractive index of air experiment.
Note: The fitted case will hold all components and accessories except the 5 kg base, which must be stored separately.
- Stable: The massive (5 kg) base is machined from a single block of aluminum ensuring extremely stable optics.
- Smooth Mirror Movement: With the taut-band suspension system, there’s no starting or stopping friction and virtually no backlash (less than 0.5 micron).
- Precise Measurements: Mirror control is extremely fine— one micron per division of the micrometer head. The mirrors and beam-splitter are flat to 1/4 wavelength to ensure uniform interference patterns.
- Larger Optics: The 3.2 cm (1 1/4") diameter optics in the PASCO Interferometer produce larger and sharper interference patterns for better experimental results.
- Complete: The Basic Interferometer includes everything necessary to perform basic Michelson and Fabry-Perot interferometry.
- 1x Machined Base -- 5 kg
- 1x Three-Point Adjustable Mirror
- 1x Mounted Beam-Splitter
- 1x Mounted Movable Mirror
- 2x Accessory Mounts
- 1x Viewing Screen
- 1x Diffuser
- 1x Double Convex Lens (18 mm)
- 1x Compensator Lens
- 1x Fitted Case
- 1x Instruction Manual
|Precision Interferometer Manual||English||648.91 KB|