This interferometer is a precision instrument for the introductory lab. It’s easier to use, more compact, and less expensive than PASCO’s advanced interferometer. It’s capable of measuring the wavelength of monochromatic light with an accuracy of better than 5%. The Michelson Inter-ferometer can also be used for making precise measurements of the index of refraction of air.
- Smooth Mirror Movement: Uses a taut-band mirror movement similar to PASCO’s more advanced interferometer, providing smooth movement with minimal backlash.
- Built-in Micrometer: Measures mirror movement to a fraction of a micron.
- Easy Setup: Especially easy with a laser and a PASCO Optics Bench. If a laser is unavailable, a spectral light source can be used.
- Complete Manual: Manual includes illustrated setup instructions, a detailed discussion of basic Michelson interferometry plus two copy-ready experiments (measure the wavelength of monochromatic light and measure the index of refraction of air).
- The Introductory Michelson Interferometer provides precision interferometry at an economical price (laser and screen not included). Manual included.
- 1x Michelson Interferometer
- 1x Gas Cell
- 1x Collimating Lens (18.4 mm focal length)
- 1x Lens Holder
- 1x Storage Case
- 1x Manual
|Mini Laser with Bracket||OS-8514||$1,545|
|Hand Operated Vacuum Pump||OS-8502||$82|
|Introductory Michelson Interferometer Manual||English||144.42 KB|