The basic system is built around a Gunn Diode Transmitter and receiver, and is designed to aid students in understanding and visualizing electromagnetic wave interactions.
See the Product Description for this item's included accessories.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
The Microwave Optics Advantage
The large 3 cm wavelength makes it easy to understand and visualize electromagnetic wave interactions. Interference and diffraction slits are several centimeters wide, and polarizers are slotted sheets of stainless steel.
The heart of the Microwave Optics System is the Gunn Diode Transmitter and receiver. The transmitter is a low-voltage source of linearly polarized microwaves (10.5 GHz, 15 mW). The receiver has a built-in amplifier, as well as a variable sensitivity scale, ensuring accurate data for even the lowest intensity measurements.
- Diffraction Slit Hardware: Spacers and holders for performing interference experiments.
- Ethafoam® Prism with Styrene Pellets: Used for refraction of microwaves. The index of refraction of styrene is determined.
- Rotating Mounts: The transmitter and receiver rotate through a full 360° (an important feature for polarization experiments).
- Gunn Diode Transmitter: A stable, low-voltage source of linearly polarized microwaves (10.5 GHz; 15 mW).
- 18 cm High Mounts: Minimize tabletop reflections for improved accuracy.
- Receiver with a Built-in Amplifier: Variable sensitivity ensures clear data, even for low-intensity measurements (Bragg diffraction and Brewster’s angle).
- Long-Arm Goniometer: For easy setup and alignment. The built-in degree and millimeter scales ensure accurate measurements.
- Magnetic Mounting: All components mount magnetically. Setup is quick and accurate.
- Durable Construction: Parts are made of stainless steel or die-cast aluminum.
- 1x Gunn Diode Transmitter with mounting stand
- 1x Receiver with built-in amplifier and mounting stand
- 1x Goniometer with fixed and rotatable arms and degree scale
- 1x Fixed-arm assembly for interferometer experiments
- 1x Component holders: two standard, one rotating
- 1x Rotating table
- 1x Reflectors: two full reflectors (metal), two partial reflectors (wood)
- 1x Polarizers
- 1x Diffraction slit hardware
- 1x Prism (Ethafoam) with styrene pellets
- 1x AC adapter
- 1x Laboratory manual with 12 experiments
|Microwave Mounting Stand||WA-9802||$61|
|Microwave Accessory Package||WA-9315||$196|
|Microwave Detector Probe||WA-9319A||$124|