The Mechanical Wave Driver provides variable-frequency, variable-amplitude, and mechanical vibrations for the lab.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
Wave Drivers provide variable-frequency, variable-amplitude mechanical vibrations for the lab. Our Mechanical Wave Driver is dynamically designed to vary amplitude and drive any wave experiment at specified frequencies. Different PASCO signal generators can be used to power the Wave Driver.
- Frequency Response: From 0.1 to 5000 Hz with an amplitude of approximately 5 mm up to about 50 Hz.
- Mounts Vertically or Horizontally: Designed to sit upright on a table, on its side or mounted on a 12.7 mm (1/2 inch) rod.
- Driving Signal Required: Requires a function generator with a minimum of ±8 V at 0.5 A. An accurate measurement of frequency is necessary for quantitative resonance experiments.
- A variety of accessories available.
- Driving waves on strings and wires
- Vibration modes of plates (Chladni)
- Resonances of wire loops (Bohr atom model)
- Vibration modes of springs
- Resonance of anything that vibrates
|1x Banana Plug Cord-Black (5 Pack)||SE-9751||$21|
|1x 2 Meter Patch Cord Set||SE-9415A||$21|
|Requires One Of These||P/N||Price|
|Sine Wave Generator||WA-9867||$299|
|850 Universal Interface||UI-5000||$999|
|Student Function Generator||SF-7208||$425|
|Chladni Plates Kit||WA-9607||$89|
|Chladni Violin Plate||SE-7319||$88|
|Metal Resonance Strips||SF-9404||$21|
|Resonance Wire Loop||SF-9405||$15|
|Longitudinal Wave Spring||WA-9401||$21|
|Elastic Wave Cord||SE-9409||$31|
|Slot String Holder (set of 4)||SF-9322||$26|
|Hole String Holder (set of 4)||SF-9323||$26|
|Mechanical Wave Driver Manual||English - 1.92 MB|
|How do I connect an external signal generator to the Mechanical Wave Driver (SF-9324)?||Jan 8th, 2020|