The Projectile Launcher illustrates the idea that motion in different dimensions is absolutely independent. A good launcher not only illustrates this non-intuitive idea, but it can be used to describe the exact motion of the projectile as well. PASCO has precision-engineered Projectile Launchers that are accurate, durable and give repeatable results. In addition to the Long Range Launcher, a Short Range Launcher and a Mini (tabletop) Launcher are available.
- Multiple Ranges: PASCO offers launchers for all classroom arrangements.
- Flexible Launch Positions: Stable stands offer horizontal and variable angle launching positions.
- Fixed Firing Height at Any Launch Angle: Firing height of ball is same for any launch angle.
- Spring Mechanism: Fully enclosed for safety.
- Unique Piston Design: Minimizes projectile spin to ensure repeatability of impact position.
- Projectile Motion
- Projectile Motion using Photogates
- Projectile Range versus Angle
- Projectile Path
- Conservation of Energy
- Conservation of Momentum in two Dimensions
- Varying Angle to Maximize Height on a Wall
- Demo: Do 30¬∞ and 60¬∞ Give the Same Range?
- Demo: Simultaneously Shoot Two Balls Horizontally at Different Speeds
- Demo: Shoot Through the Hoops
|Ranges||2.5, 5, 8 m|
|Launch Angles||0 to +90°|
|Launcher Length||21 cm|
|1x Large C Clamp (6 Pack)||SE-7285||$41|
|Photogate Mounting Bracket||ME-6821A||$30|
|Launcher Spares Kit||ME-6802||$103|
|Plastic Balls (10 Pack)||ME-6822||$31|
|Ballistic Pendulum (without launcher)||ME-6831||$649|
|Drop Shoot Accessory||ME-9859||$98|
|Steel Balls (4 pack)||ME-9864||$21|
|Carbon Paper (100 Sheets)||SE-8693||$40|
|Plumb Bobs (10 Pack)||SE-8728||$77|
|Projectile Launcher Manual||English||749.25 KB|