The Projectile Launcher demonstrates the concept that motion in different dimensions is absolutely independent. A good launcher not only illustrates this non-intuitive idea, but also describes the exact motion of the projectile. PASCO has precision-engineered the Projectile Launcher to be durable, accurate, and consistent for highly repeatable results.
Also available is the smaller, lower cost Mini Launcher (ME-6825B).
- Variable Launch Speed: For short range or longer range experiments.
- Flexible Launch Positions: Stable stand offers horizontal and variable angle launching positions.
- Fixed Firing Height at Any Launch Angle: Firing height of ball is same for any launch angle.
- Spring Mechanism: Fully enclosed for safety.
- Unique Piston Design: Minimizes projectile spin to ensure repeatability of impact position.
- Projectile Motion
- Projectile Motion Using Photogates
- Projectile Range versus Angle
- Projectile Path
- Conservation of Energy
- Conservation of Momentum in Two Dimensions
- Varying Angle to Maximize Height on a Wall
- Demo: Do 30° and 60° Give the Same Range?
- Demo: Simultaneously Shoot Two Balls Horizontally at Different Speeds
- Demo: Shoot Through the Hoops
- 1x Launcher Base
- 2x Projectile Balls
- 1x Loading Rod
- 1x Safety Glasses
- 1x 2-D Collision Accessory
- 1x Manual
|Ranges||1.2, 3, 5 m|
|Launch Angles||0 to +90°|
|Launcher Length||21 cm|
|Large C Clamp (6 Pack)||SE-7285||$41|
|Plumb Bobs (10 Pack)||SE-8728||$77|
|Carbon Paper (100 Sheets)||SE-8693||$40|
|Plastic Balls (10 Pack)||ME-6822||$31|
|Launcher Spares Kit||ME-6802||$103|
PASCO’s Projectile Launchers provide an exciting, hands-on method for students to experiment with projectile motion. Each of our affordable launchers is precision engineered to produce highly accurate and repeatable results with every launch. This page compares capabilities, size, and applications for our Projectile Launchers and Ballistics.