The following set of eight gamma sources are mounted in 2.5 cm diameter sealed plastic disks and require no licensing. Shown below are the isotopes, activity, half-life and types of radiation (beta-ß, gamma-γ).
The sources are USNRC License Exempt (US only). Outside the US, consult local laws and regulations.
- Co-60, 1 µCi, 5.27 years, beta and gamma
- Na-22, 1 µCi, 2.60 years, beta+ and gamma
- Mn-54, 1 µCi, 313 days, gamma
- Cs-137, 0.25 µCi, 30.2 years, beta and gamma
- Ba-133, 1 µCi, 10.5 years, gamma
- Cd-109, 1 µCi, 464 days, gamma
- Co-57, 1 µCi, 270 days, gamma
- “UNKNOWN” -- mixture of Cs-137 and Zn-65 for student testing
Radioactive Source Disclaimer
Local, national, and international regulations may restrict the purchase, storage, transport, use or disposal of radioactive sources. Please consult your local regulations to ensure your compliance before you purchase radioactive sources.
- PASCO advertised sources are direct shipped to customers from Spectrum Techniques (www.spectrumtechniques.com). Please review their "Terms and Conditions" page before purchasing.
- Once shipped, purchased sources are "Non-Cancellable" and "Non-Returnable". Radioactive sources cannot be returned under any circumstances including "End of Life" disposal.
- PASCO generally advertised sources are USNRC License Exempt (US only).
- International exempt sources (per the International Atomic Energy Agency) are available for international customers or by request.
|Co-60||1 µCi, 5.27 year half-life, β, γ radiation|
|Na-22||1 µCi, 2.60 year half-life, β+, γ radiation|
|Mn-54||1 µCi, 3131 day half-life, γ radiation|
|CS-137||0.25 µCi, 30.2 year half-life, β, γ radiation|
|Ba-133||1 µCi, 10.5 year half-life, γ radiation|
|Cd-109||1 µCi, 464 day half-life, γ radiation|
|Co-57||1 µCi, 270 day half-life, γ radiation|
|Unknown||mixture of Cs-137 and Zn-65 for student testing|
|Stated Uncertainty||± 15%|