PASCO’s most sophisticated stand-alone G-M System, providing a wide range of experiments with alpha, beta and gamma radiation.
See the Product Description for this item's included accessories.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
PASCO’s most sophisticated stand-alone G-M System, providing a wide range of experiments with alpha, beta and gamma radiation. Includes a versatile scaler, a G-M Tube with a mount and trays, and a full set of radioactive sources and absorbers.
The Sources are USNRC License Exempt (US only). Outside the US, consult local laws and regulations.
- Preset Timing and Counting Intervals: (in seconds) 1-9, 10-90, 100-900, 1K-9K, 10K-90K, 100K- 900K. Intervals are selected using the Preset switch.
- Digital Display: A bright 6-decade digital readout uses extra-large LEDs for clear readout in most ambient light conditions.
- Built-in Power Supply: 0 to 1200 volts for the G-M Probe.
- USB and serial interface to Mac and PC
- 1x Radiation Counter, USB (SN-7902)
- 1x G-M Probe with Sample Holder (SN-7970A)
- 1x USB Cable
- 20x Absorbers (set of 20) (SN-8111A)
- 5x Radioactive Sources (set of 5) (SN-7972A)
- 1x Two CDs with installation instructions and nuclear science experiments
Radioactive Source Disclaimer
Local, national, and international regulations may restrict the purchase, storage, transport, use or disposal of radioactive sources. Please consult your local regulations to ensure your compliance before you purchase radioactive sources.
- PASCO advertised sources are direct shipped to customers from Spectrum Techniques (www.spectrumtechniques.com). Please review their "Terms and Conditions" page before purchasing.
- Once shipped, purchased sources are "Non-Cancellable" and "Non-Returnable". Radioactive sources cannot be returned under any circumstances including "End of Life" disposal.
- PASCO generally advertised sources are USNRC License Exempt (US only).
- International exempt sources (per the International Atomic Energy Agency) are available for international customers or by request.
|Po-210||0.1µCi, 138 days, α|
|Sr-90||0.1µCi, 28.6 years, β|
|Co-60||1 µCi, 5.27 years, β, γ|
|Tl-204||0.25µCi, 3.78 years, β, γ|
|Cs-137||0.25µCi, 30.2 years, β, γ|
|1x Isotope Generator Kit (Barium-137 m)||SN-7995A||$258|
|Radiation Counter Manual||English||290.59 KB|