Version 1.12.0 released 9/20/2018
- Version 1.12.0 released 10/20/2018
- It is a feature release of Capstone software
- It provides support for several Wireless Sensors including Motion, Rotary Motion, Magnetic Field, Drop Counter and the Temperature Link
- This update also increased the default data point and line thickness in graphs
- Several issues were also resolved
Read the full release notes for 1.12.0
Version 1.11.1 released 3/2/2018
- It is a maintenance release of Capstone software
- It provides support for the Wireless Hand Grip Heart Rate Sensor and resolves several issues
Read the full release notes for 1.11.1
Version 1.11.0 released 1/22/2018
- This is a feature release of Capstone software
- Support provided for the new Wireless Weather Sensor with GPS and the Wireless Colorimeter and Turbidity Sensor
- Allows for the time of an experiment to be shown using the date and time data collection started - ideal for experiments using logging mode.
- Adds the new "Smart Colors" feature for graphs
- Improves velocity and acceleration measurements for Smart Carts and Motion Sensors
- Adds the new Quick Start Sensor-based experiments
Read the full release notes for 1.11.0
Version 1.10.1 released 9/27/2017
- It was a maintenance release of PASCO Capstone software
- It provided fixes of specific issues.
Read the full release notes for 1.10.1
Version 1.10.0 released on 9/8/2017
- This was a free feature release of PASCO Capstone software.
- It added a new video analysis display for easier use, new image display and analysis functionality, support for the Wireless CO2 sensor and the new ISEs, and improved error handling for firmware upgrades
- Several issues were also resolved.
Read the full release notes for 1.10.0
Version 1.9.2 released on 7/5/2017
This release added language support for Japanese
Read the full release notes for 1.9.2
Version 1.9.1 released on 5/11/2017
Version 1.9.1 was a feature release that provided two fixes for video analysis and two fixes for minor issues with the Wireless CO2 Sensor.
Version 1.9.0 released on 4/26/2017
Version 1.9.0 was a feature release that added BLE synching for multiple wireless sensors, support and tools for the new Smart Fan Accessory, support for new ISE probes for the Wireless pH Sensor/Amplifier, improved the RGB spot measurements of the Wireless Light Sensor, and added support for the Wireless Current Module for Modular Circuits. It also added automatic update checking, the ability to import .spklab files from SPARKvue and resolved some known issues. On Windows, it is no longer necessary to install QuickTime in order to play back video with Capstone after version 1.9.0.
Read the full release notes for 1.9.0
Version 1.8.0 released on 12/23/2016
Version 1.8.0 was a feature release that added the ability to connect to Ohaus balances, turn individual sensing elements on Wireless Sensors on or off, added a new "Scale from Zero" graph feature, the ability to set minimum and maximum scale values of Graph Axis, and new functionality for the Wireless Light Sensor - PAR and Irradiance as new calculated measurements. Several minor bug fixes were also included.
Read the full release notes for 1.8.0
Version 1.7.1 released 10/20/2016
Version 1.7.1 was a maintenance release that added support for the Wireless Conductivity Sensor and improvements for the Wireless Light Sensor as well as resolving several issues.
Read the full release notes for 1.7.1
Version 1.7.0 released 7/14/2016
Version 1.7.0 was a feature release that added support for the following wireless sensors - Voltage, Current and Light. It also resolved an issue with Xplorer GLX crashing during a firmware update and added the ability to copy your display to Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.
Read the full release notes for 1.7.0
Version 1.6.0 released 5/13/2016
Version 1.6.0 was a feature release that added support for the Wireless Smart Cart, added logging capabilities for wireless sensors and added a new alignment tool in the Graph to align data runs to axes or other runs as well as addressing a few other issues.
Read the full release notes for 1.6.0
Version 1.5.0 released 2/9/2016
Version 1.5.0 was released on 2/9/2016 and was a feature release that added support for the the first four wireless sensors (pH, Temperature, Pressure and Force Acceleration) as well as the AirLink Interface. It also resolved a number of issues.
Read the full release notes for 1.5.0
Version 1.4.1 released 9/8/2015
Version 1.4.1 was a maintenance release that fixed bugs including scaling and panning of Graph axes, various localization fixes and more.
Read the full release notes for 1.4.1
Version 1.4.0 released 5/1/2015
Version 1.4.0 was a feature release that adds support for the new 550 Universal Interface as well as several important bug fixes.
Read the full release notes for 1.4.0
Version 1.3.2 released 3/19/2015
Version 1.3.2 was a maintenance release with important bug fixes.
Read the full release notes for 1.3.2
Version 1.3.1 released 2/25/2015
Version 1.3.1 was a feature release that added support for the new Acceleration/Altimeter (PS-2136A) and new calibration for the Water Quality Colorimeter (PS-2179) as well as bug fixes.
Read the full release notes for 1.3.1
Version 1.3.0 released 1/26/2015
Version 1.3.0 was a new feature release of the PASCO Capstone software. Noted below are the new features and bug fixes included in this release:
- Added support for the new PASPORT Smart Gate sensor (PS-2180)
- Added support for the new Polarimeter (PS-2235)
- Added a new 'Add Wireless' button to Hardware Setup
- Added new Inverse and Inverse Square curve fits without X0 term.
- Added RPM and RPS to Angular Speed measurements
- Improved menu for digital channel adapters in Hardware Setup
- Added Cosine Squared Curve Fit
- as well as major and minor bug fixes.
Read the full release notes for 1.3.0
Version 1.2.1 released 11/20/2014
Version 1.2.1 was a maintenance release that resolved some small bugs
Read the full release notes for 1.2.1
Version 1.2.0 released 10/31/2014
Version 1.2.0 was a feature release that added video analysis auto tracking with added velocity and acceleration vectors, ability to create prediction data in the graph, multiple Y-axes scaling behavior in graph, improved import of DataStudio files and much more.
Read the full release notes for 1.2.0
Version 1.1.5 released 5/30/2014
Version 1.1.5 added support for the Optical Dissolved Oxygen Sensor (PS-2196), localizations for Czech and Portuguese as well as some bug fixes.
Read the full release notes for 1.1.5
Version 1.1.4 released 3/11/2014
Version 1.14 was a maintenance release focusing on specific bug fixes.
Read the full release notes for 1.1.4
Version 1.1.3 released 2/3/2014
Version 1.13 was a maintenance release focusing on specific bug fixes.
Read the full release notes for 1.1.3
Version 1.1.2 released 11/22/2013
Version 1.1.2 added the following features & enhancements:
- Added support for the Materials Test System
- Added ability to move Graph coordinates tool and slope tool using keyboard arrow keys when locked onto data
- Added ability to delete a calculation using the keyboard 'Delete' key
- Improved synchronization of recorded video to sensor data on the Mac
- Improved the process of manually synchronizing video to sensor data
- Help system update
- Improved data replay performance
- 850 Firmware Update
Read the full release notes for 1.1.2
Version 1.1.1 released 7/3/2013
Version 1.1.1 added the following features & enhancements:
- Support for Mac OS X (v10.6 or higher)
- Video Analysis added
- Support for the 850 Expansion Port, including a digital output tool
- Localized for French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese
- Journal feature added
- Improved print quality
- Zero sensors from the sampling controls palette
- Help System
- Many other features as well as major and minor bug fixes
Read the full release notes for Version 1.1.1
Version 1.1.0 released 6/28/2013
NOTE: Labs authored with Capstone 1.1.1 are incompatible with Capstone 1.02. Please make sure you have the most current version installed.
Version 1.0.2 released 11/16/2012
Previous updates (1.0.1 & 1.0.2) added the following enhancements:
- Expression entry box in user-defined curve fit, table, and signal generator now shows the expression error when you hover over the entry box.
- Added the ability to change the sign of certain sensor measurements in the sensor properties.
- Added the option to draw the FFT bars as filled or unfilled.
- Major and minor bug fixes.
Read the full release notes for version 1.0.2
Version 1.0.1 released 8/28/2012
- Added support for zeroing additional sensors(CI/PASPORT Motion, PASPORT Acceleration/Altimeter, PASPORT Acceleration, PASPORT Relative Pressure, PASPORT Infrared Light).
- Graph statistics can now be enabled before data collection begins.
- Added ability to change units for Frequency and Voltage in Signal Generator
- Added preview button for synched data Movie Display
- Added the ability for Capstone to remember the last folder where an image was opened.
Read the full release notes for version 1.0.1
Version 1.0 released 6/18/2012
The initial launch of PASCO Capstone software.