Teaches students basic optical principles and allows quantitative measurements that rival those of more expensive units. This is the PASPORT version.
See the Product Description for this item's included accessories.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
PASCO’s Educational Spectrophotometer teaches basic optical principles and allows quantitative measurements rivaling those of more expensive units.
When the Spectrophotometer is used with PASCO’s Capstone software, students can explore the relationship between angle, wavelength and intensity and graph the spectral lines from discharge tubes. Lines from mercury, sodium, helium, neon, krypton and argon can be plotted— even the lines of the Balmer series in hydrogen can be detected.
Students can also analyze the transmission characteristics of filters, chemical solutions and even the absorption spectrum of a leaf. Few instruments can be used to teach so many aspects of science.
Note: The open design of this spectrophotometer system is ideal for education. It is not intended for industrial or research applications.
- Collimating Slits: Set of 5 slits ranging from 0.1-1.5 mm.
- Collimating Lens: 100 mm focal length, 50 mm dia. coated lens.
- Diffraction Grating: High-quality, 600 lines/mm grating strongly blazed in the first order.
- Focusing Lens: 100 mm focal length, 50 mm dia. coated lens.
- 1x Optics Benches (60 cm) (OS-8541)
- 1x PASPORT Rotary Motion Sensor (PS-2120A)
- 1x PASPORT High Sensitivity Light Sensor (PS-2176)
- 1x Aperture Bracket (OS-8534A)
- 1x Spectrophotometer Table
- 1x Rotating Arm
- 1x Collimating Slits and Lens
- 1x Focusing Lens
- 1x Diffraction Grating and Holder
- 2x Track Rod Clamp (ME-9836)
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s). For more information on which is right for your classroom, see our Software Comparison: SPARKvue vs. Capstone »
This product requires a PASCO Interface to connect to your computer or device. We recommend the following option(s). For a breakdown of features, capabilities, and additional options, see our Interface Comparison Guide »
|1x Spectral Tube Power Supply and Mount||SE-9460||$164|
|Large Rod Base||ME-8735||$90|
|45 cm Stainless Steel Rod||ME-8736||$26|