- Complete kit
- Complete manual
- Measure electric fields directly
- Measure potentials directly
- No mess
- Easy storage
- Dipoles of Like Charges
- Dipoles of Opposite Charges
- Parallel Plate Capacitor
- Point Source and Guard Ring (cylindrical capacitor)
- Floating Electrode
How It Works
With this kit students can map both the potentials and the electric fields around any conceivable system of two-dimensional charged conductors. The procedure is simple:
- Draw any electrode
- Plot the equipotentials
- Plot the electric field
- 50x Conductive paper with cm grid: 23 x 30 cm (50 sheets)
- 10x pushpins
- 3x wires
- 1x Conductive ink pen and circular template
- 1x Plastic tray with corkboard top: 32 x 48 cm
- 1x Instruction manual with 10 experiments
|Conductive Paper with grid||23 x 30 cm (50 sheets)|
|Plastic Tray||32 x 48 cm|
|1x Basic Digital Multimeter||SE-9786A||$50|
|1x Triple Output Power Supply||SE-8587||$247|
|Special Conductive Ink Pen||PK-9031B||$57|
|Conductive Paper with Grid||PK-9025B||$50|
|Conductive Paper (no Grid)||PK-9026||$67|
Perform the following experiments and more with the Field Mapper Kit.
Visit PASCO's Experiment Library to view more activities.
Students use a DC power supply and semi-conductive paper to create dipole and parallel plate electrodes, and then use the principles of electric fields and electric potential energy to determine the shape and direction of the...
In this lab, students use a DC power supply and semi-conductive paper to create dipole and parallel plate electrodes. Then they use the principles of electric fields and electric potential energy to determine the shape and direction...