PAStrack Dynamics System - ME-6961
Sorry, this product has been discontinued.
All previous dynamics systems have been discontinued in favor of our new Dynamics System Builder. The equivalent system to this one among our new systems is the ME-5711.
Suggested Replacement(s) are:
Few investments in physics lab equipment provide more learning opportunities than the PAStrack Dynamics Systems. With this one system, study collisions, Newton’s Laws, oscillations, Hooke’s Law, velocity, and acceleration. Hang weights over the included clamp-on pulley to accelerate carts or stretch the springs attached to the cart.
- Experiment 1 - Collisions
- Experiment 2 - Conservation of Energy
- Experiment 3 - Kinematics
- Experiment 4 - Coefficient of Friction
- Experiment 5 - Predicting Acceleration
- Experiment 6 - Cart Calibration (Spring Constant)
- Experiment 7 - Sliding Friction and Conservation of Energy
- Experiment 8 - Conservation of Momentum in Explosions
- Experiment 9 - Newton's Second Law
- Experiment 10 - Newton's Second Law II
- Experiment 11 - Acceleration Down an Incline
- Experiment 12 - Conservation of Energy
Two piece track construction for easy storage. Snap-on connector clip holds sections straight and rigid. Use the second clip (included) to connect multiple tracks! The track ends are designed to accept the Motion Sensor and Clamp-on Pulley, and the side T-slots accept Dynamic Track accessories, such as photogate brackets and end stops. Track includes six built-in leveling feet.
- Motion Sensor or clamp-on pulley fits both ends
- Six leveling feet
- T-slot: accepts Dynamics Track accessories
- Built-in scale
- Track just snaps together
The PAScar's body and plunger are made of high-impact polycarbonate plastic -- extremely durable carts designed to survive tough classroom environments. These carts are a lower cost alternative to our Classic Carts.
Just like the Classic Dynamics Carts, the PAScars have:
- Low Friction -- Ball bearing, knife-edge wheels mean student data more closely matches theory.
- Spring-Loaded Suspension -- Wheels retract into the body, so they are protected from drops or "skateboarding."
Additional PAScar Features:
- Three-position Plunger -- Provides reproducible impulses and explosions
- Three Mounting Holes -- For accessories
- Polycarbonate Body -- Total mass: 250 g
- Mass -- One 250 g mass included for each car.
- Mass Tray -- Add mass to easily double or triple car mass
- Magnets -- Installed on one end for elastic collisions
- Velcro Tabs -- For inelastic collisions
Get the advantages of a very low-friction apparatus without the noise and expense of air tracks. PASCO has engineered these carts with low-friction ball-bearing wheels and a spring-loaded suspension -- all to give you and your students an experience as close to friction-free as possible.
PASCO physics equipment, including the PAStrack Systems, are designed from the start to easily integrate our probeware, so you get high quality real-time data without the frustration. Just clip the Motion Sensor right onto the end of the track and your students will see and understand physics like never before.
The main difference between this system and the PAScar system is the track. Instead of the traditional aluminum 1.2 and 2.2 m tracks used by the PAScar (and the Classic) systems, the PAStrack Dynamics System features a rigid 1 m plastic PAStrack that can be expanded by connecting additional PAStracks. This lower cost alternative to the aluminum tracks can still use all the dynamics cart accessories that the aluminum tracks can.
And while a PAStrack Dynamics System is ideal for almost every aspect of teaching mechanics, additional products can expand its use even further. Whether you to utilize it as an optics bench or provide a demonstration of Bernoulli's Principle, additional accessories allow you to tailor its use for your purposes.