Features 13 core activities covering the fundamental topics of weather & climate, seismology & topography, soil properties and more.
Use a weather sensor to measure meteorological conditions over a period of one week or more.
- Investigate and observe the characteristics of clouds and their relationship to particular weather conditions
- Identify types of clouds
- Record data from their observations relating to clouds and weather conditions
Students gain experience conducting the following procedures:
- Setting up the equipment and work area to measure meteorological conditions over a period of one week or more
- Observing and identifying clouds as they appear throughout the period of observation
- Using math and spatial skills to calculate the percent of cloud coverage of the sky
Sensors / Equipment Used:
Measures barometric pressure, relative altitude, absolute and relative humidity, dew point, and temperature. For use with PASPORT Interfaces.
Your Bundle Options:
The equipment bundle for teaching 11 of the 13 Middle School Earth Science Teacher Guide's labs.
This bundle contains the probeware needed to perform all 49 lab activities in the Middle School Science through Inquiry lab manual.