Please refer to the manual for the configuration of the software for use with
the ScienceWorkshop 750 interface. The instructions below refer to the
configuration of the apparatus with the included software:
- Check that your computer is running Windows XP or Windows 2000 and has a processor speed of 1.5 GHz or better to ensure that it can keep up with the data collection from the interface.
- Connect the Electronic Chaos Apparatus to the computer before connecting the power adapter.
- Connect the power adapter to the Electronic Chaos Apparatus.
- Set the mode switch on the Electronic Chaos Apparatus to "INT" (internal).
- Close any non-critical software processes
running simultaneously on the computer.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE simultaneously and select Task Manager.
- Click on an application or process and select End Task.
- Create a blank text file in the .../Program Files/Chaos Software directory, say ChaosData1.txt.
- Select Start/All Programs/Chaos Software/Get Data.
- Fill in the various fields as follows:
- File: C:\Program Files\Chaos Software\ChaosData1.txt.
- Start Value: 500
- Step Size: 5
- Number of Steps: 10
- Number of Samples: 500
- Click Get Data...
- If your PC “hangs” during data collection, reboot the Electronic Chaos System by unplugging it and plugging it back in.
- If you have problems collecting data, change the COM port number from the value corresponding to your
physical serial port because Windows may incorrectly assign the port.