Tech Note 182 Detail
Hardware setup (Windows)
CI-6765A Science Workshop 500
How do I setup my Science Workshop 500 interface?
- With your computer turned off, locate the serial port on the back of your computer. The serial port may have 25 pins or 9 pins and might have the symbol "10101" next to it.
- If you have a 9 pin serial port, connect the 25 to 9 pin serial adapter to the pc serial cable that comes with the 500 interface.
- Connect and secure the serial cable to the back of the computer. The cable is keyed so that you cannot plug it in incorrectly.
- Connect the other end of the serial cable to the port labeled "TO COMPUTER" on the back of the 500 interface box.
- Insert the AC adapter plug into the back of the 500 interface. Plug the AC adapter into a standard AC power outlet.
- Switch the interface on using the power switch on the back of the interface. The green light will illuminate on the front on the interface.
- Turn on the computer.
- Install the Science Workshop software.
Creation Date: 01/1/2000
Last Modified: 01/1/2000