This is a known design limitation; a second Digital Adapter is required to make the CI-6462 Relay switch with the state of a photogate:
- Connect the 1/4" TRS (phone) connector of the Relay to Port 1 of the first Digital Adapter.
- Connect the photogate to either port of a second Digital Adapter.
- When prompted for a Timer, select the photogate as a Digital Input.
- Define the equation Relay State = outputstate(1,1, LS), where LS is the Logic State.
- Click Start. (Interrupting the photogate should now switch the relay.)