How do I connect a PASCO Bluetooth 2.0 wireless interface to a Windows computer?
I have a PASCO interface that uses Bluetooth 2.0, how do I pair it to SPARKvue or Capstone?
Capstone and SPARKvue do not use in-app pairing for PASCO Bluetooth 2.0 wireless interfaces. These devices must be manually connected to Windows first. You will need built-in BT 2.0 support or a Bluetooth 2.0 adapter on your computer.
Pair the interface to Windows
- Turn on the wireless interface.
- In the Windows Search Box type “Add a Bluetooth Device” and select the matching search result.
- Locate the device in the list that appears. Each interface has an ID # on the back or bottom of the case. (ie ID#19829)
- Select the device with the matching ID # and click Next at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are asked for a pairing code enter 1234. (You may not be asked for this on Windows 8 or Windows 10)
- "Installing AirLink2/SPARKLink Air. Please wait while Setup installs necessary files on your system. This may take several minutes". This is normal behavior.
- When finished the Add a Device window will state "This device has been successfully added to this computer"
Pairing your interface to SPARKvue
- Once your interface is paired to Windows, connect a sensor and launch SPARKvue 2.7 or higher
- Select the Bluetooth icon at the top of the Home screen
- In the Wireless Devices menu, select your interface by the ID number printed on the case
- You will see a "Connecting..." dialog box appear
- When the device has successfully connected, it will appear under "Connected Devices". Select Done.
- Wait approximately 30 seconds for your measurements to appear on the Home screen.
- You are now ready to collect data!
Pairing your interface to Capstone
- Once your interface is paired to Windows, connect a sensor and launch Capstone 1.4 or higher
- Select the Hardware Setup button in the lefthand menu tray
- In the Hardware Setup menu, select your interface under Available Wireless Devices by ID number
- You will see a "Connecting to [device ID]" dialog box appear
- When the device has successfully connected, a picture of it will appear. Select the Hardware Setup button to slide the panel closed.
- You are now ready to collect data! Build a display to get started.
Connect two PASPORT sensors to your devices via Bluetooth 2.0 or through USB. Also includes dedicated ports for the included temperature and voltage probes.
Measure the optical rotation of chiral compounds. Updated polarimeter PS-3237 to include BLE bluetooth chip to become available in January 2021!
The 550 is fast, powerful, and incredibly affordable. It offers half the ports and many of the same features as our 850 Interface in a smaller package.