How to Clean and Sanitize Your PASCO Products
How do I clean and sanitize my PASCO sensors and equipment? The instructions within this article show how to safety sanitize PASCO sensors and equipment.
PASCO products are made with a variety of materials, and each material might have specific cleaning requirements. The following applies to all products:
- Only use a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid abrasive cloths, paper towels, or similar items.
- Do not excessively wipe. This may cause cosmetic damage to the surfaces.
- Unplug all external power cables and devices before attempting to clean a product.
- Only use alcohol based disinfectants. Take care to use these cleaning solutions far from any ignition sources.
- Never spray cleaners directly onto a product or put liquids directly onto a product. Always use a damp cloth.
- Do not overly saturate the cloth. Don't get moisture into any openings.
- Don't submerge any product in any cleaning agents.
- Don't use aerosol sprays, bleach, ammonia based solutions, or abrasives.
- Don't use on fabric or leather surfaces.
Using a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe or mix or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes is generally safe. You may gently wipe the hard, nonporous surfaces of your PASCO product, such as the display, buttons, or other exterior surfaces.
Warranty: Liquid damage or damage cause by harsh (unauthorized) chemicals or cleaning methods is not covered under the PASCO product warranty. For any concerns or questions in regard to cleaning a specific PASCO product, please contact PASCO Technical Support for further guidance.