CI-6759A USB/Serial Adapter not properly identified if attached during startup
My CI-6759A USB/Serial Converter is not detected by Capstone unless I disconnect it and reconnect it after computer reboot.
- The CI-6759 (non-A) model is not compatible with Capstone software. You must replace with the CI-6759A updated model.
- CI-6759A is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 10, and Mac OS 10.10 or higher
If your CI-6759A is not properly identifying without being unplugged and reconnected, this indicates that your CI-6759A needs a firmware update.
- Install the latest version of PASCO Capstone
- Turn on the ScienceWorkshop interface.
- Connect the CI-6759A adapter to a USB port
- Run Capstone
- Click the Hardware Setup button in on the left tool palette
- Click Choose Interface.
- Select PASPORT Interface
- Capstone should prompt you to update the firmware on the device. Allow the firmware update to proceed
- When finished, select Choose Interface and select either ScienceWorkshop 500 or ScienceWorkshop 750
- Close Capstone
- The next time your computer is rebooted, the CI-6759A should be detected without disconnecting it from the USB port
If this does not resolve the issue try connecting the CI-6759A to a USB2 port. Occasionally USB3 ports are not compatible with the CI-6759A adapter.
Note: If using the 750 interface noted below it has a USB symbol on the front this article does not apply.
Connects ScienceWorkshop 500 and 750 serial interface to a computer via USB.
PASCO's 750 Interface is the measurement center for the modern physics laboratory.
The ScienceWorkshop 500 Interface collects data directly to a computer, plus supports remote datalogging.