The Complete Rotational System facilitates a full range of experiments for centripetal force, angular momentum, and rotational motion.
See the Product Description for this item's included accessories.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
The Complete Rotational System features a cast iron base, dual ball bearings, and stainless steel shaft. It generates moments of inertia large enough to be sensed by anyone rotating the system by hand. This system is ideal for experiments pertaining to centripetal force, angular momentum, and rotational motion. Additional accessories can be added for experiments concerning torques, friction, magnetic levitation, and Faraday’s Law. Angular velocity and motorized drive can be monitored using a computer.
- Four kilogram cast iron base for stability
- Dual ball bearings
- Precision stainless steel shaft
Perform These Experiments
- Centripetal Force
- Rotational Inertia of a Point Mass
- Rotational Inertia of a Disk Off-Axis (fixed and rotating)
- Rotational Inertia of Disk and Ring - Two Axes
- Conservation of Angular Momentum, Using a Point Mass
- Conservation of Angular Momentum, Using a Disk and Ring
- Conservation of Angular Momentum (Projectile Version)
How It Works
The Complete Rotational System makes it easy to implement computer-based data collection and analysis when used with a Rotary Motion Sensor or Photogate.
- The Rotary Motion Sensor mounts to the base with an “A” Adapter and measures both angular velocity and direction
- The Photogate Head mounts directly to the rotating platform base to measure angular velocity
- 1x Rotating Platform (ME-8951)
- 1x Rotational Inertia Accessory (ME-8953)
- 1x Centripetal Force Accessory (ME-8952)
- 1x Instruction Manual
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD!
Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
|Base||Cast Iron, 4 kg, with leveling feet|
|Rotating Platform||Aluminum extrusion, 24 cm usable length (26 cm overall)|
|Shaft||Stainless steel, 1.25 cm diameter, approx 18 cm length, knurled|
|Disk||Heavy-grade PVC, center ball bearing, 22.9 cm diameter, 1500 g|
|Ring||Steel, 12.7 cm outside diameter, 1420 g|
|Square Sliding Masses||300 g each|
|1x Mass and Hanger Set||ME-8979||$89|
|A-Base Rotational Adapter||CI-6690||$72|
|Rotational Motor Drive||ME-8955||$268|
|Wireless Smart Gate||PS-3225||$85|
|NewWireless Rotary Motion||PS-3220||$179|
|Wireless Force Acceleration Sensor||PS-3202||$99|