Measures the flow rate and temperature of moving water. For use with PASPORT Interfaces.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
PASCO’s Flow Rate Sensor allows students to measure the temperature and rate of movement of streams, rivers, and other flowing systems. The propeller is a rugged, single-piece unit encased by protective material — no more losing pieces at the bottom of the stream.
- Telescoping Handle to reach deep levels.
- Revolutions of a magnet on the submersible impeller are counted and converted to linear flow rate measurements in ft/s or m/s.
- Students can use Capstone or SPARKvue software to calculate volume discharge rates.
- Exclusive built-in temperature sensor conveniently measures temperature at the same point as flow rate.
- Determine sediment transport rate for a stream or other body of water
- Measure and compare flow rate at various locations in a stream
- Compare the characteristics of one stream to another
|Flow Range||0 m/s to 3.5 m/s|
|Pulse Frequency||8.62 pulse/linear foot|
|Unit options||meter/sec; feet/sec; total pulses|
|Probe Length||3 to 7 ft. with telescoping tube (Probe is 7 ft when fully expanded)|
|Temperature Range||-10°C to 50°C|
|Maximum Length||1.8 m (6 feet) Telescoping handle to reach deep levels|
|Maximum Sample Rate||20 Hz|
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s). For more information on which is right for your classroom, see our Software Comparison: SPARKvue vs. Capstone »
This product requires a PASCO Interface to connect to your computer or device. We recommend the following option(s). For a breakdown of features, capabilities, and additional options, see our Interface Comparison Guide »
Dedicated Datalogging with SPARK LXi
Consider an all-in-one, touchscreen data collection, graphing, and analysis tool for students. Designed for use with wired and wireless sensors, the SPARK LXi Datalogger simultaneously accommodates up to five wireless sensors and includes two ports for blue PASPORT sensors. It features an interactive, icon-based user interface within a shock-absorbing case and arrives packaged with SPARKvue, MatchGraph!, and Spectrometry software for interactive data collection and analysis. It can additionally connect via Bluetooth to the following interfaces: AirLink, SPARKlink Air, and 550 Universal Interface.
|PASPORT Thermocline Sensor||PS-2151||$530|
|PASPORT Flow Rate/Temperature Sensor Manual||English - 351.80 KB|