The PASPORT Turbidity Sensor has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase. PASCO recommends the following alternative:
Contact PASCO Technical Support for additional recommendations or questions regarding this product.
Unlike other Turbidity Sensors that simply measure transmitted light, our Turbidity Sensor measures light scattered at 90 degrees, the industry standard (Nephelometric technique). Use of digital signal processing makes measurements extremely accurate and repeatable. Fast, easy calibration uses just two cuvettes and takes less than 15 seconds.
- Pulsed infrared light source for longer battery life
- Borosilicate cuvettes (5 included) last longer than plastic and have greater optical clarity
- Stabilized light source eliminates drift during an experiment.
- Black, opaque housing eliminates ambient light to ensure data accuracy.
- Calibrate in less than 15 seconds
- Compare the turbidity of water samples from various field locations
- Determine the rate of settling of a sample
- Compare local water samples to National Standards
- Measure the formation of a precipitate
- 1x Hach calibration standard (100 NTU)
- 1x 5 Borosilicate glass cuvettes
- 1x Molded plastic storage case for sensor and cuvettes
- 1x Sensor Extension Cable
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s). For more information on which is right for your classroom, see our Software Comparison: SPARKvue vs. Capstone »
This product requires a PASCO Interface to connect to your computer or device. We recommend the following option(s). For a breakdown of features, capabilities, and additional options, see our Interface Comparison Guide »
Dedicated Datalogging with SPARK LXi
Consider an all-in-one, touchscreen data collection, graphing, and analysis tool for students. Designed for use with wired and wireless sensors, the SPARK LXi Datalogger simultaneously accommodates up to five wireless sensors and includes two ports for blue PASPORT sensors. It features an interactive, icon-based user interface within a shock-absorbing case and arrives packaged with SPARKvue, MatchGraph!, and Spectrometry software for interactive data collection and analysis. It can additionally connect via Bluetooth to the following interfaces: AirLink, SPARKlink Air, and 550 Universal Interface.
|PASPORT Colorimeter and Turbidity Replacement Cuvettes||PS-2509||$30|
|100 NTU Calibration Standard||PS-2511||$30|