The PASPORT Rotary Motion Sensor measures position, velocity, and angular and linear acceleration.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
The PASPORT Rotary Motion Sensor is used to measure position and motion within physics labs. It measures position, velocity, and acceleration, both angular and linear, with incredible resolution and accuracy. The maximum spin rate of 30 rev/sec and bi-directional orientation enables the PASPORT Rotatory Motion Sensor to facilitate the performance of most motion experiments
How it Works: The 6.35 mm diameter, dual ball-bearing shaft extends from both sides of the unit, providing an excellent platform for rotational experiments. The rod clamp, which can be attached to three sides of the sensor, allows the unit to be mounted in almost any orientation. A three-step pulley and a mount for the PASCO Super Pulley make torque experiments easier than ever before.
- Three-step pulley (10, 29, and 48 mm in diameter)
- Rod clamp for dynamic mounting orientations
- Measures magnitude and motion direction.
- Ball bearings minimize friction and provide mechanical support to rotating objects
- Verify the conservation of angular momentum
- Calculate the rotational inertia of a disk ring and point mass
- Measure the displacement velocity and acceleration of a cart on a track
- Conduct quantitative analysis of simple harmonic motion
- Measure the acceleration of a cart caused by a mass hung over a pulley
- Accurately measure the angular acceleration of systems with constant torque
|Three-step Pulley||10 mm, 29 mm, and 48 mm diameters|
|Sensor Dimensions||10 cm x 5 cm x 3.75 cm, 6.35 mm diameter shaft|
|Rotary Motion Resolution||0.09° (0.00157 rad)|
|Linear Motion Resolution||0.0078 mm|
|Maximum Rotation Rate||30 revs/sec|
|Rotary Motion Optical Encoder||Bidirectional to indicate the direction of motion; 4000 divisions/rev|
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s). For more information on which is right for your classroom, see our Software Comparison: SPARKvue vs. Capstone »
This product requires a PASCO Interface to connect to your computer or device. We recommend the following option(s). For a breakdown of features, capabilities, and additional options, see our Interface Comparison Guide »
|NewRotational Inertia Accessory||ME-3420||$110|
|Linear Motion Accessory||CI-6688A||$61|
|Chaos/Driven Harmonic Accessory||CI-6689A||$144|
|Dynamics Track Mount||CI-6692||$67|
|Mini Ballistic Pendulum Accessory||ME-6829||$113|
|3-Step Pulley for Rotary Motion Sensor||CI-6693||$19|
|A-Base Rotational Adapter||CI-6690||$72|