Provides magnetic field measurement in a very compact package. For use with PASPORT Interfaces.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
The Magnetic Field Sensor provides magnetic field measurement in a compact package. The sensor at the tip of the probe measures magnetic field strength along the axis of the probe.
- Measures magnetic field along axis of probe
- Molded plastic protects the sensing element for enhanced durability
- Displays in gauss and millitesla
- Study the field strength of bar magnets and electromagnets
- Understand the field strength of a solenoid
- Measure the field strength of a Helmholtz coil
|Accuracy||±3 gauss or 5% of reading, whichever is greater at 25°C (after four minute warm-up)|
|Resolution||0.1 gauss (0.01% full-scale)|
|Maximum Sample Rate||20 Hz|
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s). For more information on which is right for your classroom, see our Software Comparison: SPARKvue vs. Capstone »
This product requires a PASCO Interface to connect to your computer or device. We recommend the following option(s). For a breakdown of features, capabilities, and additional options, see our Interface Comparison Guide »
|Zero Gauss Chamber||EM-8652||$206|
|PASPORT Sensor Extension Cable||PS-2500||$25|