Steps to begin using Wireless Sensors and Chromebooks without the USB Bluetooth Adapter (PS-3500):
To move away from the use of the adapter immediately you will need to take the following actions.
1. Gather ALL the Wireless Sensors that you have.
2. Connect the USB Bluetooth adapter(s) to your Chromebooks(s)
3. Open the SPARKvue app (version 3.2 or later)
4. One by one, pair each sensor via Bluetooth or connect via USB. If you get a dialog box stating that a Firmware update is available for the sensor, click to update the firmware.
Firmware updates will happen faster via USB if there is an available USB connection.
5. Once ALL sensors are confirmed to be updated, the USB Bluetooth Adapter is no longer needed*
*Warning: If you connect a Wireless Sensor with outdated firmware directly to your Chromebook without the USB Bluetooth Adapter, the performance of that specific sensor with that particular Chromebook will be negatively affected. The Wireless Sensor can subsequently have its firmware updated by connecting to a different Chromebook with the USB Bluetooth Adapter connected (or via a Smartphone or computer running SPARKvue 3.2 or higher) but will continue to experience diminished performance if used with the Chromebook it was paired to without the USB Bluetooth Adapter.