This teacher guide features 25 inquiry-based labs that cover the fundamental concepts of cell biology, ecology and physiology.
- 1x Spiral-bound Teacher Binder
- 1x Editable Word files for each student version
- 1x Flash drive containing an electronic teacher version
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
At the heart of PASCO’s Biology through Inquiry lab manual is a commitment to ensuring student learning through all phases of a lab activity. Questions embedded throughout the activity, sequencing and key term challenges, opportunities to predict outcomes prior to data collection, and post-lab multiple-choice questions all help to make the connection between lectures and labs as seamless as possible.
This guide includes 25 lab activities that can be edited to suit the needs of your students or to better coordinate with your classroom lectures. Downloadable how-to videos are included with the manual, and can be found on our website, as well as YouTube. These videos assist with setting up labs and getting the most from your PASCO sensors and equipment.
These general biology labs have been redesigned to take advantage of wireless sensors. The labs are FREE to download in the PASCO Experiment Library. They include an editable student lab, SPARKvue configuration files, and teacher notes with prep instructions. Each lab gives students critical background information, a structured-inquiry procedure, analysis questions, and inquiry extensions.
- Energy Content of Food
- Buffers in Biological Systems
- Membrane Permeability
- Cellular Respiration in Yeast
- Plant Respiration and Photosynthesis
- Respiration of Germinating Seeds
- Photosynthesis of Aquatic Plants
- Water and pH
- Organisms and pH
- Acid Rain
- Metabolism of Yeast
- Soil pH
- Water Purification
- Weather in a Terrarium
- EKG: Factors That Affect the Heart
- Exercise and Heart Rate
- Muscle Fatigue
- Regulation of Body Heat
- Volume of Breath
- Blood Pressure
- Activities focused on Cell Biology, Ecology and Physiology
- Students make predictions before collecting data to promote active engagement
- Key term challenge to increase vocabulary skills
- Multiple choice questions cultivate understanding, while preparing students for standardized exams
- Spiral-bound Teacher Binder
- Editable Word files for each student version
- Flash drive containing an electronic teacher version
|Biology Starter Bundle||PS-7614A||$429|
|Advanced Biology Extension Bundle||PS-7615B||$729|
|Physiology Extension Bundle||PS-2935C||$579|
|Master Material & Equipment List||English||125.68 KB|