Components for the Ripple Tank System that are available separately. Requires the Ripple Tank Assembly to create a complete system.
See the Product Description for this item's included accessories.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
This integrated ripple generator and strobe light source, make demonstrating wave phenomena affordable, reliable and easy when paired with the Ripple Tank (WA-9897). But best of all, students can clearly see and learn about wave patterns and their interactions like never before.
- The white LED produces a bright, clear wave pattern, and stays cool during operation.
- The strobe and rippler are controlled by the same unit, making it possible to introduce a small frequency difference between the strobe and rippler, and causing the waves to appear to move slowly.
- The rippler uses voice coil actuators for precise and silent operation.
- A simple switch changes the phase of the two ripplers from 0 to 180 degrees.
- The frequency range includes those important low frequencies that make refraction more prominent.
- The rippler has knobs to easily adjust the dipper depth and the amplitude of the dipper stroke.
- Speed of Wave Propagation
- Superposition of Waves
- Effects of Varying Water Depth
- Reflection, Refraction and Diffraction
- 1x Ripple Generator/ Strobe Driver with Power Adapter
- 1x LED Strobe Assembly
- 1x Plane Wave Generator with Multi-point Dippers
- 3x Point Sources (3 sizes)
|Voice Coil Actuator Frequency Range||1.0 to 50.0 Hz with 0.1 Hz Resolution|
|Light Source||Strobe or Steady, 5 W White LED|
|Digital LED Display||Frequency/Delta|
|Adjustable Delta Frequency Between Ripple Generator and Strobe||± 45% frequency setting in steps of 9%|
|Phase Switch||0 or 180 degrees Depth, Tilt, and Amplitude Adjustment Controls|
|Power Supply||15 VDC at 1.5 A with On/Off Switch|
|Rippler Case Dimensions||10.5 cm x 16.3 cm x 3.9 cm|
|1x Large Rod Base||ME-8735||$95|
|1x 90 cm Stainless Steel Rod||ME-8738||$32|
|1x Ripple Tank Assembly||WA-9897||$350|
|Ripple Generator and Light Source Manual||English - 2.08 MB|