The Resonance Tube has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase.
Contact PASCO Technical Support for additional recommendations or questions regarding this product.
The Resonance Tube lets you investigate the propagation of sound waves in a tube. The waves in the tube are produced by a built in speaker. Drive the speaker with a function generator to create stable wave patterns at specified frequencies. You can observe standing wave patterns in a closed tube or open tube, and locate nodes and antinodes while varying the length of the tube. Connect an oscilloscope to the microphone to examine the waveforms in detail. The 90 cm long, clear plastic tube is simple and rugged.
- Movable Microphone: Position the microphone at the edge of the tube or use the probe to position it anywhere inside the tube. Easily locate all the nodes and antinodes of a standing wave pattern.
- Built-in Speaker/ Microphone Assembly: Setup is easy. A function generator is used to drive the speaker.
- Built-in Metric Scale: Makes it easy to measure tube length and microphone position.
- Movable Piston: Push in the piston to adjust the tube length.
- Musical Instrument Holes: A pair of holes in the tube lets students investigate the effects of closed and open holes in musical instruments. When performing other experiments, the holes can be covered with the included slip rings.
|Replacement Speaker for Resonance Tube||WA-9662||$60|