The Advanced Structures Set includes additional components for building a wider variety of structures. Build larger trusses, bridges, and even a working catapult! The included axles and pulleys make it possible to build working cranes, cars, and other structures listed within the Advanced Structures Kit Manual, which can be downloaded from the documents tab.
As with all Structures Systems, Load Cells (sold separately) can be placed anywhere in the structure, allowing you to measure the tension and compression forces acting on a specific point. PASPORT Load Cells require an amplifier and interface to connect to a computer's USB port.
- Increases the capabilities of the ME-6991 Bridge Set
- Build larger suspension bridges and cranes
- Includes axles, pulley, flexible I-beams, flat members and drive wheels with rubber tires.
- Advanced Structures Set Manual includes detailed instructions for applications, building, and designs.
- Forces on a Boom
- Human Leg Model
- Teeter Totter
- Human Back Model
- Human Arm Model
- Angle Crane
- Kingpost Truss
- Queenpost Truss
- Roof Truss
- Warren Bridge
- Camelback Truss Bridge
- Tower Crane
- Free-Standing Howe Bridge
- Static Load
- Dynamic Load
How It Works
Build larger bridges, as well as cranes, catapults and towers: This set provides many more I-beams and necessary connections, making larger and more varied bridges possible. The set also includes axles and pulleys for building and studying working cranes.
Add measurements to your system: Load Cells provide you the means to accurately measure tension and compression in real-time—anywhere in your structure! You build the Load Cell right into your structure where you want it—and easily relocate it without disassembling the entire structure.
Collect data on your choice of interfaces: Load cells connect to a load cell amplifier which can then be connected to any current PASCO interface.
- 2x Force Platform Bracket
- 24x I-Beam #5 24 cm long
- 54x I-Beam #4 17 cm long
- 54x I-Beam #3 11.5 cm long
- 24x I-Beam #2 8 cm long
- 24x I-Beam #1 5.5 cm long
- 10x Flex I-Beam #5 24 cm long
- 18x Flex I-Beam #4 17 cm long
- 18x Flex I-Beam #3 11.5 cm long
- 16x Flat Beams (3 lengths)
- 2x Axles (3 lengths)
- 42x Connectors
- 32x Cord Tensioning Clips
- 6x Round and Flat Connectors
- 6x PAStrack Fasteners
- 24x Angle and Straight Connectors
- 12x Sliding Connector
- 12x Pulleys, O-rings, Spacers
- 24x Collets
- 4x Drive Wheel with Rubber Tire
- 2x Structures Rod Clamps
- 300x Screws
- 1x Yellow Cord (1 roll)
- 1x Instruction Manual
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD!
Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
|1x Bridge Set||ME-6991||$290|
|Destructible Bridge Members||ME-7004||$70|
|Structures #5 I-Beam Spares||ME-7017||$26|
|Truss Set Screws||ME-6994||$29|
|Road Bed Spares||ME-6995||$129|
|Cord Lock Spares||ME-6996||$26|
|Angle Connector Spares||ME-6999A||$46|
|Cast Beam Spares Set||ME-6983||$30|
|Full Round and xyz Connector Spares||ME-6997||$46|
|Flexible I-Beam Set||ME-6985||$50|
PASCO’s Structure Systems offer a realistic, hands-on method for students to design and create life-like structures in the classroom. Perfect for design-based experimentation, these systems range in complexity from single trusses to dynamic kits. This page explains and compares all of our Structure System options and accessories for your convenience.