The Mini Launcher launches metal spheres up to 2.0 m high to produce highly accurate and repeatable data for classroom projectile analysis.
See the Product Description for this item's included accessories.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
PASCO’s Mini Launcher provides a low-cost method for every student to thoroughly investigate projectile motion. The Mini-Launcher has the same level of precision and accuracy as our larger Projectile Launcher (ME-6800), but is easier to assemble, simple to adjust, and provides built-in storage for the plunger and metal balls. With three, highly repeatable launch speeds, precise launch angle measurements, and the ability to shoot downward, the Mini Launcher enables students to explore projectiles through dynamic, hands-on inquiry.
This highly accurate launcher can be attached to a table using a standard C clamp. For more in-depth projectile studies, we recommend adding a Photogate Mounting Bracket and either a Smart Gate or Photogate Head. Additionally, the Time of Flight Accessory can be added to measure the total time the projectile is in the air.
- Versatile Stand: Offers several different mounting configurations that are ideal for tabletop projectile experiments
- Scale and Plumb Bob: Measures from −45° to +90°
- 3 Launch Ranges: Provides 0.5 m, 1.0 m and 2.0 m ranges
- Magnetic Piston: Holds ball in place while launching from downward angles
- Steel Balls: 1.6 cm diameter
- Easily mounted using a rod and clamp
Perform These Experiments
- Projectile Motion
- Projectile Motion using Photogates
- Projectile Range versus Angle
- Projectile Path
- Conservation of Energy
- Conservation of Momentum in Two Dimensions
- Varying Angle to Maximize Height on a Wall
- Demo: Do 30° and 60° Launches Have the Same Range?
- Demo: Shoot Two Balls Horizontally at Different Speeds
- Demo: Shooting through Hoops
- 1x Launcher Base
- 1x Loading Rod
- 1x 2-D Collision Accessory
- 2x Steel Ball Projectile, 16 mm
- 1x Safety Glasses
- 1x Manual
- 1x Mini Launcher
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD!
Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
|Range||0.5, 1, 2 m|
|Launch Angle||0 to +90° and 0 to −45°|
|Launcher Length||18 cm|
|Photogate Mounting Bracket||ME-6821A||$30|
|Wireless Smart Gate||PS-3225||$85|
|Large C Clamp (6 Pack)||SE-7285||$41|
|45 cm Stainless Steel Rod||ME-8736||$26|
|Plumb Bobs (10 Pack)||SE-8728||$77|
|Carbon Paper (100 Sheets)||SE-8693||$40|
|30 Meter Measuring Tape||SE-8712A||$30|
|Mini Ballistic Pendulum Accessory||ME-6829||$113|
|Small Steel Balls (10 pack)||ME-9872||$21|
|Mini Launcher Spares Kit||ME-6824||$62|
PASCO’s Projectile Launchers provide an exciting, hands-on method for students to experiment with projectile motion. Each of our affordable launchers is precision engineered to produce highly accurate and repeatable results with every launch. This page compares capabilities, size, and applications for our Projectile Launchers and Ballistics.
Perform the following experiments and more with the Mini Launcher.
Visit PASCO's Experiment Library to view all activities for this product.
In this lab, students use a photogate and mini launcher to measure the variables that affect the two-dimensional motion of a projectile launched horizontally, and then use those variables to accurately predict and test the projectile's...