Integrated system for tensile testing, measures both force and position. Includes coupons, AirLink interface and Capstone software.
See the Product Description for this item's included accessories.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
The PASCO Materials Testing System includes everything needed to do tensile testing straight out of the box. The Materials Testing Machine connects to a computer’s USB port using the included PASCO Airlink interface. Six sets of different tensile sample materials (each with 10 samples) are included.
The system is completed by PASCO’s Capstone Software, which has a built-in calibration wizard and all the tools to record and display stress vs. strain, and to apply linear fits to find Young’s Modulus. Also records and plays back webcam movies of the breaking samples, synced to the data.
The software uses automatic variable oversampling, which means when the sampling rate is high, no smoothing is applied, but as the sampling rate is decreased, the program automatically samples at the higher rate and averages the samples.
The Materials Testing Machine measures force with a 7100 N load cell and displacement using an optical encoder.
- Measures up to 7100 N (1600 lbs)
- Tabletop design saves lab space
- Easy to set up and calibrate
- Minimal maintenance
- Inexpensive replacement coupons and samples
- Tensile samples produce fracture surfaces students can study
- Sync real-time video to data and replay in slow motion
- Manual hand crank to help students feel material strengths
- Utilizes PASCO Capstone software
- With use of web cam and video analysis, determine true stress with changing diameter
- 1x Materials Testing Machine
- 1x Compliance Calibration Rod
- 2x Safety Shields
- 10x Steel Tensile Sample (ME-8243)
- 10x Aluminum Tensile Sample (ME-8231)
- 10x Brass Tensile Sample (ME-8232)
- 10x Annealed Steel Tensile Sample (ME-8233)
- 10x Acrylic Tensile Sample (ME-8234)
- 10x Polyethylene Tensile Sample (ME-8235)
- 1x AirLink Interface (PS-3200)
- 1x PASCO Capstone Single User License (UI-5401)
|Load Cell Capacity||7100 N (1600 lbs)|
|Dimensions||24 x 25 x 51 cm|
|Lead screw length||38 cm|
|Machine weight||20 lbs (9 kg)|
|14 x 30 cm safety shields (2)|
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s). For more information on which is right for your classroom, see our Software Comparison: SPARKvue vs. Capstone »
This product requires a PASCO Interface to connect to your computer or device. We recommend the following option(s). For a breakdown of features, capabilities, and additional options, see our Interface Comparison Guide »
|USB Camera Microscope||PS-2343||$108|
|Parts Available Separately||P/N||Price|
|Materials System Storage Base||ME-8229||$239|
|Flat Coupon Fixture||ME-8238||$283|
|Structures Beam Fixture||ME-8242||$308|
|Four-point Load Anvil||ME-8249||$103|
|Aluminum Tensile Sample||ME-8231||$50|
|Brass Tensile Sample||ME-8232||$50|
|Annealed Steel Tensile Sample||ME-8233||$50|
|Acrylic Tensile Sample||ME-8234||$50|
|Polyethylene Tensile Sample||ME-8235||$61|
|Steel Tensile Sample||ME-8243||$50|
|Comprehensive Materials Testing System||ME-8244||$5,200|
|Materials Testing Machine||ME-8236||$2,699|
Lab Activities & Experiments
|22 Lab Experiments with Capstone Data Files||44.36 MB|