This optics bench is used for lens and mirror experiments, inverse-square law, and diffraction/interference experiments.
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
The 1.2 m optics bench is the perfect length for studying the inverse square law, diffraction/interference patterns, and the behavior of light traveling through lenses or off of curved mirrors. It is made of extruded aluminum and has a wide central channel for PASCO optics components, such as mounted lenses, mirrors, and light boxes.
- Rugged aluminum construction
- Built in metric tape
- Wide central channel in which PASCO’s Basic Optics components, such as mounted lenses, can easily snap
- T-slots on the sides and center of the bench for components with a square bolt and thumb screw, such as the Optics Bench Rod Clamp.
- Investigate the behavior of light traveling through lenses and reflecting from curved mirrors
- Conduct diffraction/interference experiments
- Explore the inverse-square law
|Basic Optics Geometric Lens Set||OS-8456||$50|
|Basic Optics Viewing Screen||OS-8460||$25|
|Basic Optics Light Source||OS-8470||$95|
|Diffraction Optics Kit||OS-8531A||$335|
Perform the following experiments and more with the 1.2 m Optics Track.
Visit PASCO's Experiment Library to view more activities.
In this lab, students use an optics light source, optics track, and viewing screen to measure the image and object distances associated with the real image formed by a converging lens, and then determine the focal length of the...
In this lab, students use an optics light source, optics track, and half screen to measure the image and object distances associated with the real image formed by a concave spherical mirror and then use principles of reflection...