Featured in PASCO’s Physics through Inquiry Teacher Guide
Features over 30 inquiry based labs covering the core topic areas of mechanics, electricity and magnetism, optics, thermodynamics and more.
Charge & Electric Field
Use a charge sensor to observe the nature of charging different objects by contact and to explore the electric field produced by a variety of charged objects.
During this investigation, students observe the nature of charging objects by contact and explore the electric field produced by each charge. Students learn to:
- Understand the basic properties of electric charges.
- Distinguish between conductors and insulators.
Students gain experience conducting the following procedures:
- Producing a positive or negative net static charge by rubbing different materials together.
- Handling and transferring charge between objects.
- Measuring the quantity and polarity of charge on an object with a Faraday ice pail and charge sensor.
Sensors / Equipment Used:
Allows students to measure electrostatic charges with automatic scaling and polarity. For use with PASPORT Interfaces.
Faraday ice pail
The Associated Bundle:
Contains the probeware needed to perform all 37 lab activities in the Physics through Inquiry lab manual.