Features 23 core lab activities that cover the fundamental concepts of Force & Motion, Energy Transfer, Electricity & Circuits, Fluids and more.
Varying Reaction Rates
Use a fast response temperature sensor to measure the change in temperature over time during four trials of Alka-Seltzer® tablets as they react and produce bubbles in a container of water.
In this activity, students investigate temperature―a factor that affects reaction rates. They also:
- Observe and compare the varying amounts of time it takes for the reaction to run its course
under different conditions
- Measure the amount of time needed for a reaction to occur
- Observe that substances react chemically in characteristic ways with other substances to form new substances (compounds) with different properties
Students gain experience conducting the following procedures:
- Setting up the equipment and work area to measure the temperature of two different systems
- Measure the change in temperature over time during four trials of Alka-Seltzer® tablets as they react and produce bubbles in a container of water
- Using math skills to average temperature results
Sensors / Equipment Used:
Allows students to measure Temperature, pH/ISE/ORP, Absolute Pressure & Voltage in one sensor. For use with PASPORT Interfaces.
Your Bundle Options:
Equipment bundle for teaching 23 Middle School Physical Science Teacher Guide labs.
This bundle contains the probeware needed to perform all 49 lab activities in the Middle School Science through Inquiry lab manual.