Features 23 core lab activities that cover the fundamental concepts of Force & Motion, Energy Transfer, Electricity & Circuits, Fluids and more.
Neutralizing an Acid and a Base
Use a pH sensor to measure change in pH and to determine the endpoint of a titration.
In this activity, students neutralize a base with an acid.
Students determine the point of neutralization of an acid mixed with a base while they:
- Recognize that if substances react in similar ways they often are placed in categories or groups (such as acids or bases)
- Identify other variables in an experimental design that must be controlled in order to isolate the effect of one variable
- Gain skills and confidence in using a scientific measurement tool, the pH sensor, as well as the graphing capacity of a computer to represent and analyze data
Students gain experience conducting the following procedures:
- Setting up the equipment and work area to measure change in pH
- Performing a simple titration of two different concentrations of vinegar and baking soda
- Using the pH sensor, students determine the endpoint of a titration.
Your Bundle Options:
Equipment bundle for teaching 23 Middle School Physical Science Teacher Guide labs.
This bundle contains the probeware needed to perform all 49 lab activities in the Middle School Science through Inquiry lab manual.