Features 23 core lab activities that cover the fundamental concepts of Force & Motion, Energy Transfer, Electricity & Circuits, Fluids and more.
Measuring Light Intensity
Use a light sensor to investigate how light intensity changes as it gets further from the source.
Students investigate how light intensity changes as they alter the distance between themselves and a light bulb. Students investigate light while:
- Observing interactions of light with matter (air) by transmission and scattering
- Learning that energy is associated with heat, light, electricity, mechanical motion, and the
nature of a chemical
Students gain experience conducting the following procedures:
- Setting up the equipment and work area to measure the intensity of light
- Using a light sensor to measure the intensity of the light at increasing distances from the light source
- Using math skills to measure distances between a light bulb and sensor and to graph the relationship between light intensity and distance from the light
Your Bundle Options:
Equipment bundle for teaching 23 Middle School Physical Science Teacher Guide labs.
This bundle contains the probeware needed to perform all 49 lab activities in the Middle School Science through Inquiry lab manual.