Features 23 core lab activities that cover the fundamental concepts of Force & Motion, Energy Transfer, Electricity & Circuits, Fluids and more.
Conservation of Matter
Use a temperature sensor and absolute pressure sensor to measure the change in temperature and pressure of an oxidation reaction.
Students investigate a chemical change and confirm the Law of Conservation of Matter. Using the temperature and pressure sensors, students measure changes during a synthesis reaction.
Students investigate and observe the conservation of matter during a chemical change while they:
- Achieve a familiarity with chemical and physical reactions and with the ways substances can behave or change in the process
- Measure a reaction that results in heat transfer
- Gain skills and confidence in using scientific measurement tools, the temperature and pressure sensors, as well as the graphing capability of a computer to represent and analyze data
Students gain experience conducting the following procedures:
- Setting up the equipment and work area to measure the change in temperature and pressure of an oxidation reaction
- Measuring the mass of a closed system before and after an oxidation reaction
- Measuring the change in temperature and pressure during the oxidation reaction of steel wool that has been soaked in vinegar
Sensors / Equipment Used:
Allows students to measure Temperature, pH/ISE/ORP, Absolute Pressure & Voltage in one sensor. For use with PASPORT Interfaces.
Your Bundle Options:
Equipment bundle for teaching 23 Middle School Physical Science Teacher Guide labs.
This bundle contains the probeware needed to perform all 49 lab activities in the Middle School Science through Inquiry lab manual.