Features 13 core activities covering the fundamental topics of weather & climate, seismology & topography, soil properties and more.
Use a conductivity sensor to measure the level of conductivity of various water and soil samples.
In this activity, students will:
- Become familiar with the way salt levels can vary within an ecosystem
- Measure the conductivity of different soil and water samples
- Gain skills and confidence in using a scientific measurement tool, the conductivity sensor, as well as the graphing capability of a computer to represent and analyze data
Students gain experience conducting the following procedures:
- Collecting and labeling soil and water samples gathered from the local ecosystem
- Setting up the equipment and work area to measure the level of conductivity in different solutions
- Measuring the conductivity levels of various water and soil samples
Sensors / Equipment Used:
Utilizes platinum probes for greater range and improved accuracy in high & low concentrations.
The Associated Bundle:
This bundle contains the probeware needed to perform all 49 lab activities in the Middle School Science through Inquiry lab manual.