Features 13 core activities covering the fundamental topics of weather & climate, seismology & topography, soil properties and more.
Use a pH sensor to investigate the pH of different soil samples.
In this activity, students learn about soil pH levels while they:
- Compare the acidity or alkalinity of each soil sample to a typical pH range for healthy plants
- Determine the effects of adding substances that adjust pH levels
Students gain experience conducting the following procedures:
- Collecting soil samples and prepare them for measuring the soil pH
- Using a pH sensor to investigate the pH of soil samples that they provide
- Relating the pH of the soil to its fitness for growing various crops
- Describing the type of soil particular crops might thrive in, and suggesting methods to alter the soil to improve its usefulness for growing agricultural crops
Sensors / Equipment Used:
Allows students to measure Temperature, pH/ISE/ORP, Absolute Pressure & Voltage in one sensor. For use with PASPORT Interfaces.
Your Bundle Options:
The equipment bundle for teaching 11 of the 13 Middle School Earth Science Teacher Guide's labs.
This bundle contains the probeware needed to perform all 49 lab activities in the Middle School Science through Inquiry lab manual.