Featured in PASCO’s College Environmental Science Instructor Guide
College Instructor edition with experiments covering introductory and general environmental science topics.
Resources & Consumption
Use My World GIS to investigate the global energy resource economy by analyzing data to determine the global distribution and use of energy resources including fossil fuels, hydroelectricity, and renewable energy sources.
**Requires My World GIS License.
Students determine the present state of the global energy resource economy and the use of alternative forms of energy based on global production and consumption. To do this, they:
- Analyze resource data to determine the global distribution and use of energy resources.
- Explore connections between fossil fuel production and consumption.
- Examine alternative energy use and its relationship to the use of fossil fuels.
In this activity, students analyze global energy resource data for fossil fuels and renewablesources. Students look at the energy production and consumption of each resource and:
- Use My World GIS to determine which countries have the greatest quantity of resources.
- Explore the relationship between a country's production and consumption of energy resources.
- Contrast the data for individual countries with data calculated per capita.
- Identify countries that use alternative energy sources and compare that to its use of fossil fuels.
Sensors / Equipment Used:
Allows the installation and use of the Software on up to 10 computers within the confines of a single classroom or student laboratory at a K-12 educational institution, or on a single mobile cart.
The Associated Bundle:
Contains the probeware needed to perform all 26 experiments in the College Environmental Science instructor guide.