Featured in PASCO’s College Biology Instructor Guide
College Instructor edition with 26 experiments covering introductory and general biology topics.
Reflex vs Reaction
Use a ruler, stopwatch, and reflex hammer to measure and compare human reflexes and reactions.
Students investigate somatic and autonomic reflexes in their own bodies and learn to distinguish reflexes from reactions. Students:
- Distinguish between a reflex and a reaction.
- Describe the differences between a stretch reflex and the pupillary reflex.
Students gain experience conducting the following procedures:
- Measuring reaction rate using a meter ruler and stop watch.
- Testing the patellar reflex using a reflex hammer.
- Testing the pupillary reflex.
The Associated Bundle:
A complete probeware bundle designed for PASCO's College Biology curriculum