Featured in PASCO’s Biology through Inquiry Teacher Guide
Features 25 inquiry based labs covering the fundamental concepts of cell biology, ecology and physiology.
Exercise & Heart Rate
Use a heart rate sensor to monitor the effect of physical exertion in relation to level of fitness. Determine the average heart rate before, during, and after exercise.
Using a heart rate sensor, students monitor the effect of physical exertion in relation to their level of fitness. Students will:
- Determine their average heart rate before, during, and after exercise.
- Determine exercise levels based on heart rate that produce the maximum health benefit.
Students gain experience conducting the following procedures:
- Prepare the exercise heart rate sensor.
- Determine heart rate before exercise.
- Determine heart rate during exercise.
- Determine heart rate after exercise.
- Determine target exercise heart rate range.
Sensors / Equipment Used:
An easy way to measure resting and exercise heart rate without the restrictions of belts or clips. For use with PASPORT Interfaces.
The Associated Bundle:
This expansion bundle contains the probeware most commonly used in physiology studies.