PASCO STEM Modules
Each of these discreet modules challenges students to combine Science, Technology, Engineering and Math concepts in pursuit of a solution to a particular challenge.
- Is guided by the national standards
- Incorporates a problem-based learning approach, emphasizing inquiry
- Incorporates both independent and collaborative work
- Includes both formative and summative assessments
- Features an engineering design challenge as the culminating project
Each module is centered on an open-ended Challenge in which students are given the task of designing, constructing, and implementing the solution to an engineering problem. The Challenge is based on fundamental science concepts in one or more of the science and simulates a real world problem that a modern engineer might encounter, with similar design constraints.
The 4 STEM Modules are:
- Air Bag
- Egg Drop
A breakdown of the Biosphere module and how it requires Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to develop and design a solution.