A complete set of equipment for exploring light, color, and optical technology. Includes an optics bench, light source, viewing screen lenses, mirrors, diffraction grating, and more.
See the Product Description for this item's included accessories.
The Light, Color, and Optics Kit is a complete laboratory for learning about light, color, and optical technology. Three 50-mm optics snap onto the track and slide easily. The light source makes a perfect illuminated “object” for optics experiments, and the fixed spacing of the colored LEDs makes it easy to observe and measure image properties such as magnification, inversion, and brightness. Use the equipment from this kit to perform light, color, and optics labs found in the Essential Physics 3rd Edition curriculum, and the Essential Physics Lab Manual (EP-6326).
Perform These Experiments
- Magnification of Mirrors and Lenses
- Reflection in a Plane Mirror
- Refraction of Light
- Creating Real and Virtual Images with Lenses
- Image Formation for a Convex Lens
- Build a Microscope and a Telescope
- 1x 1.2 m aluminum track
- 3x 50 mm optics mounts
- 1x Rechargeable light source
- 1x AC adapter/charger
- 1x Refraction tank
- 1x Triangular prism
- 1x Phosphorescent plastic
- 1x 50 mm convex lens - 10 cm f.l.
- 1x 50 mm convex lens - 20 cm f.l.
- 1x 50 mm convex lens - 50 cm f.l.
- 1x 50 mm concave lens - 20 cm f.l.
- 1x 50 mm convex mirror - 20 cm f.l.
- 1x 50 mm concave mirror - 50 cm f.l.
- 1x 50 mm screen
- 1x 50 mm diffraction grating
- 1x Eyeglasses
Perform the following experiments and more with the Light, Color & Optics Kit.
Visit PASCO's Experiment Library to view more activities.