Includes the five complementary wireless sensors to the Biology Starter Lab Station.
- 1x Wireless Optical Dissolved Oxygen Sensor
- 1x Wireless Colorimeter & Turbidity Sensor
- 1x Wireless Conductivity Sensor
- 1x EcoChamber
See the Buying Guide for this item's required, recommended, and additional accessories.
The Biology Extension Lab Station includes 3 wireless sensors and an EcoChamber that complement the set of sensors found in the Biology Starter Lab Station (EB-6335). Together, the sensors from the Biology Starter and Extension Lab Stations comprise the sensors needed to perform many of the lab investigations inside PASCO's Essential Biology and Advanced Biology Through Inquiry lab manuals. A storage slot for each sensor in the Biology Extension Lab Station is available in the Gratnells storage tray that comes with the Biology Starter Lab Station.
Components of the Extension Lab Station
Wireless Sensors: PASCO's rugged, low-cost wireless sensors connect directly to computers, Chromebooks, tablets, and mobile devices to allow students to quickly collect data, leaving more time for analyzing and interpreting data. This lab station includes:
- 1x Wireless Optical Dissolved Oxygen Sensor (PS-3224)
- 1x Wireless Colorimeter and Turbidity Sensor (PS-3215)
- 1x Wireless Conductivity Sensor (PS-3210)
- 1x PASCO EcoChamber
Digital Access to Lab Activities: Included with the extension lab station is digital access to:
- PASCO's Essential Biology manual. This lab manual includes 25 labs that cover topics in respiration, photosynthesis, enzymatic activity, membrane permeability, osmosis, cell size, body regulation, environmental impacts on reaction rates and organism response. Each lab activity includes editable student handouts and various teacher resources including answer keys and sample data.
- PASCO's Advanced Biology Through Inquiry Manual - This lab manual covers the latest standards for College Board AP Biology
Distance Learning Resources: The 10 labs found in the Essential Biology Printed Samples Booklet also include digital resources to support distance learning for students working at home. These resources include live video recordings of data collection and sample data files that students can use to perform their own analyses.
The Essential Biology Printed Samples Booklet includes 10 lab activities that integrate PASCO sensors and equipment for an engaging year of biology teaching. The combined Biology Starter Lab Station (EB-6334) and Biology Extension Lab Station (EB-6363) comprise the sensors used to perform all 10 labs, plus many of the 44 lab activities found in PASCO's Essential Biology Lab Manual and Advanced Biology through Inquiry Lab Manual via a Pasco.com user login.
|Lab||Title||Starter Lab Station (EB-6334)||Extension Lab Station (EB-6335)|
|4||Plant Respiration & Photosynthesis||•||•|
|5||Respiration of Germinating Seeds||•|
|7||Regulation of Body Heat||•|
|10||Cellular Respiration in Yeast||•|
- Storage tray and custom insert provided with Starter Lab Station
- Record data wirelessly without the hassle of tangled cables
- Includes digital access to a wide range of lab activities
- Includes video and other lab resources for at-home and distance learning lab activities
This product requires PASCO software for data collection and analysis. We recommend the following option(s). For more information on which is right for your classroom, see our Software Comparison: SPARKvue vs. Capstone »
This product can connect directly to your computer or device with the following technologies. No Interface required. See the following guide for details regarding device compatibility: Wireless Bluetooth Product Compatibility »
|NewBiology Starter Lab Station||EB-6334||$503|
The following is a complete list of lab activities from PASCO's Advanced Biology Through Inquiry Teacher Lab Manual. Each activity includes an editable student handout, software data files, IB/AP-alignment details, and a Teacher Resource file that can be accessed by logging into your PASCO account. The experiments in this manual can be performed using individual PASCO sensors, sensor bundles, or Lab Stations. You may view the materials list for an activity by previewing the student handout.View Experiments
The following is a set of investigations and activities that integrate Blocky coding and the embedded Blocky coding environment within PASCO's Capstone and SPARKvue software. These investigations and activities span basic to advanced coding strategies, and include coding activities that use sensor-based data as input. You may preview and download Blockly activities, view materials lists, and access the Teacher Resources by creating or signing in to a PASCO account.View Experiments
|Eco Chamber Manual||English||172.85 KB|
|PS-3210 Wireless Conductivity Sensor Manual||English||378.08 KB|
|Wireless Colorimeter and Tubidity Sensor Manual||English||905.31 KB|
|Wireless ODO Sensor Reference Guide||English||1.60 MB|
|StablCal Standard, 100 NTU - Safety Data Sheet||English||847.48 KB|