1.2 m PAScar Dynamics System - ME-6955A
Sorry, this product has been discontinued.
All previous dynamics systems have been discontinued in favor of our new Dynamics System Builder. The equivalent system to this one among our new systems is the ME-5702 with the Super Pulley, Picket Fences, and Photogate Brackets added.
Suggested Replacement(s) are:
The PAScar 1.2 m Dynamics System is the most economical way to equip your lab with carts and tracks for Newton's Laws, collisions, velocity and acceleration experiments. With accessories, you can expand your system to do additional experiments such as constant force with a fan cart, friction, and oscillations. Also, all PASCO Dynamics Systems are specifically designed to accommodate sensors for computer data acquisition.
- Experiment 1 -- Collisions
- Experiment 2 -- Conservation of Energy
- Experiment 3 - Kinematics
- Experiment 4 - Coefficient of Friction
- Experiment 5 - Predicting Acceleration
- Experiment 6 - Cart Calibration (Spring Constant)
- Experiment 7 - Sliding Friction and Conservation of Energy
- Experiment 8 - Conservation of Momentum in Explosions
- Experiment 9 - Newton's Second Law
- Experiment 10 - Newton's Second Law II
- Experiment 11 - Acceleration Down an Incline
- Experiment 12 - Conservation of Energy
The 1.2 m PAScar Dynamics System has unmatched versatility combined with high quality components:
- PASCO's aluminum tracks combine durability with utility. The aluminum extrusion is rigid and light, yet straight. Each track includes a measuring tape for easily measuring displacements along its length. Grooves along the side of the track allow key accessories such as photogates, rod clamps and angle indicators to be attached.
- PAScars have low-friction, ball bearing, knife-edge wheels which mean student data more closely matches theory. With spring-loaded suspension wheels that retract into the body, they are protected from drops or "skateboarding."
- Additional PAScar Features:
•Three-position Plunger -- Provides reproducible impulses and explosions
•Three Mounting Holes -- For accessories
•Polycarbonate Body -- Total mass: 250 g
•Mass -- One 250 g mass included for each car.
•Mass Tray -- Add mass to easily double or triple car mass
•Magnets -- Installed on one end for elastic collisions
•Velcro Tabs -- For inelastic collisions