Pursuant to California AB 1584, as codified in Section 49073.1 of the California Education Code, PASCO represents and warrants as follows:
(1) Ownership of Student Records: Any and all Student Records provided to PASCO, or to which PASCO has been granted access, are and shall remain the sole property of the School District or educational agency (collectively, “School District”) that provided or granted access to such records.
(2) Student-Generated Content: The PASCO System does not collect or store any Student-Generated content. In the event the System is updated to incorporate such a feature, PASCO shall amend this Statement to describe the means by which students may retain possession and control of student-generated content.
(3) Third Party Access and Use: PASCO prevents third parties from accessing or utilizing any Student Record under PASCO’s control (internal network).
(4) Parent and Student Review Procedures: PASCO does not store any personally identifiable information in regards to Student Records except for e-book downloads where the purchaser inputted the student’s name during the purchasing check out procedure. PASCO maintains a user login record of e-book access in its secure server with limited employee access. This information is available for review upon request.
(5) Security and Confidentiality of Student Records: PASCO has a secure server with limited employee access.
-The PASCO internal network is a private network accessible by employees only (by a user name and login password). It is a VPN (Virtual Private Network). The VPN is an SSL (Secured Socket Layer) encrypted network.
-The PASCO general website is “https” (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure) encrypted. The 'S' at the end of HTTPS stands for 'Secure'. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.
6) Unauthorized Disclosure: In the unlikely event any Student Records are inadvertently compromised via an outside data breach or for any other reason, PASCO shall notify the School District that owns such records immediately upon the discovery of such inadvertent disclosure. The School District may in turn notify affected parents, legal guardians, or eligible students as the School District deems appropriate.
(7) Any and all Student Records provided to PASCO, or to which PASCO has been granted access, are and shall remain the sole property of the School District or educational agency (collectively, “School District”) that provided or granted access to such records. Schools have the right to review, have deleted and/or refuse to permit further collection or use of the student’s information upon request.
Post-Contract Data Deletion: PASCO hereby certifies that, upon the termination of a service contract with a School District, it shall isolate and permanently delete any and all Student Records belonging to such School District that may remain on the System, unless the School District or applicable regulations require the retention of such data, in which case the records shall be deleted upon the expiration of the retention period.
(8) FERPA Compliance: PASCO offers School Districts interfacing with PASCO Systems the means to comply with their obligations under the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
(9) Prohibition Against Targeted Advertising: PASCO will never use any student identifiable information in direct targeted advertising for any product or service. Furthermore, PASCO does not sell, trade, or rent any element of personally identifiable information to any third party.