A total of 3 awardees will be selected annually. Each awardee will receive up to $1000 to cover travel expenses to attend the NSTA national conference and be part of a STEM share-a-thon workshop, a $500 monetary gift, and a $5000 certificate for PASCO scientific products. The recipient of the award will be honored during the Awards Banquet at the NSTA national conference.
Submissions must be received by November 30th, 2014 to be eligible for the 2015 PASCO STEM Educator Awards.
Need more info?
Please visit the NSTA awards page or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions about the PASCO STEM Educator Awards.
The 2015 PASCO STEM Educator Awards
How to apply
Download an application which contains all the additional details and submission requirements.
All entries for the 2015 awards must be received by November 30th, 2014.
About this Awards Program
The PASCO STEM Educator awards, sponsored by PASCO scientific, in partnership with the National Science Teachers Association, recognize excellence and innovation in the field of STEM education at middle school and high school levels.
Eligibility: The applicant must be a 6–12 STEM educator. Individuals must have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience in the STEM fields, who implement innovative inquiry-based, technology infused STEM programs.
A total of 3 awardees will be selected annually with the breakdown of recipients as follows:
- 1 middle school educator
- 2 high school educators
Excellence in STEM education is the overall criterion for the selection of recipients. The judging committee is a panel of experts selected by NSTA. Specifically this committee will be looking for entries to:
- Implement innovative inquiry-based, technology infused STEM programs
- Address a real-world application or problem and challenge students to use science, technology, engineering and math to solve it
- Incorporate sensor-based data collection and visualization techniques
- Demonstrate the ability to teach various levels of students, including those that might be underrepresented in science, at risk or have differing abilities
- Correspond to National Science Education Standards
Winners from previous years
Thank you to everyone who submitted an application for the 2014 PASCO STEM Educator Awards. View summaries of the winning entries