Educators around the world use PASCO technology in their classes to engage students in 21st century science learning. In the PASCO Newsletter, we share some of their experiences, and we offer tips on how teachers can use our solutions to bring inquiry-based lessons to life for their students. We also talk about what’s new, and what’s going to be coming your way soon. The PASCO Newsletter comes out twice per year, once in the spring, and once in the fall. Download a copy here, or subscribe to the newsletter and have it delivered straight to your inbox!
- Equip your iPad or Android Tablet for Science
- Remembering Dr. Sally Ride
- Use a Force Sensor to Measure Mass
- STEM Education and Student-Led Peer Groups
- Projecting the SPARK Science Learning System
- A Superconductivity Experiment
- Solutions for AP® Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Environmental Science
- PASCO Around the World
- Sally Ride Science for Middle School & Upper Elementary School
- SPARKlabs & Addressing Student Misconceptions About Evaporation
- Field-Based Learning in Costa Rica
- ODYSSEY in Chemistry
- Onion Root Tip Mitosis
- What IS a Newton?
- Light & Optics: The Inverse Square Law
- Stories from Our Users
- PASCO Around the World
- Solutions for Middle School Science
- PASCO and CSCOPE Partner in Texas
- Title 1 Students Succeed in STEM
- Creating a STEM-based Lab Activity
- Affordable Spectrometry
- Projectile Motion
- Tips from Professional Development
- PASCO STEM Educator Awards
Links for additional resources:
- Download the PASCO STEM SPARKlab from ISTE:
SPARKvue users may open the actual SPARKvue file (.spk). Or view the PowerPoint presentation (.zip).
This SPARKlab, made to ignite a conversation with ISTE conference attendees visiting PASCO’s booth, can help you get started on creating your own custom STEM-based lab in SPARKvue.
- Read Dr. Randy Yerrick’s white paper (.pdf).
Learn more about Dr. Yerrick’s research on how technology, including sensors and probeware, can transform teaching and learning in today’s science classroom.
- Explore the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) programs for students
Learn more about the new PASCO-supported solutions developed by NOAA scientists to help students with local water quality studies.
- Amusement Park Physics
- Biotechnology: Affordable solutions for your class
- Taking ecosystem lessons to the next level
- Lab activity tips from PASCO PD
- International science competition
- Creating your own SPARKlabs
- An iPad science solution
- Road Warrior talks about presenting at APSIs
- Achieving STEM success with "at risk" students
- MatchGraph App
- Lab Activity Tips
- Oil Spill Simulation
- Countries transforming science teaching and learning
- PASCO workshops coming to a town near you
- SPARK Science Learning System™ wins Tech & Learning Award
- PASCO Summer Institutes Schedule Released!
- SPARKvue Announces New language Translations
- AP Environmental Science and My World GIS
- And More!
- PASCO unveils SPARKvue™ for Apple iPhone and iPod touch
- Sally Ride Science™ & PASCO Partner to Improve Science Education
- PASCO & Carolina™ Team Up to Dissect Tough Topics at NABT Conference
- And more!