Each of the 5 awardees will receive a prize worth approximately $4,500 which will be comprised of a monetary gift, a certificate for PASCO scientific products and expenses for the awardee to attend the national NSTA conference.
The submission deadline has passed for this year's awards. Check back often as the deadline for the 2015 Awards will be posted soon.
Need more info?
Please visit the NSTA awards page or email email@example.com if you have any additional questions about the PASCO STEM Educator Awards.
The 2014 PASCO STEM Educator Awards
How to apply
Download an application which contains all the additional details and submission requirements.
All entries for the 2014 awards had to be received by November 30th, 2013. Thanks to all who entered.
About this Awards Program
PASCO has partnered with the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) to reward selected K-12 STEM educators who have created and are utilizing modern and effective STEM curriculum in the classroom.
A total of 5 awardees will be selected annually with the breakdown of recipients as follows:
- 1 elementary school educator
- 2 middle school educators
- 2 high school educators
Excellence in STEM education is the overall criterion for the selection of recipients. The judging committee is a panel of experts selected by NSTA. Specifically this committee will be looking for entries to:
- Implement innovative inquiry-based, technology infused STEM programs
- Address a real-world application or problem and challenge students to use science, technology, engineering and math to solve it
- Incorporate sensor-based data collection and visualization techniques
- Demonstrate the ability to teach various levels of students, including those that might be underrepresented in science, at risk or have differing abilities
- Correspond to National Science Education Standards
Winners from previous years
Thank you to everyone who submitted an application for the 2014 PASCO STEM Educator Awards. View summaries of the winning entries